We live in a world now where the internet and social media means that we can follow people as they travel all around the world. Not only through Instagram, blogs and youtube videos, but the recent rise of snapchat stories over the past few months has meant that you can see the world through someone else’s eyes and follow them as they travel to all sorts of incredible places. Yes it can be too easy to get wrapped up in what everyone else is doing and feel inadequate in your mere day to day life as others jet set around the world on a bi-monthly basis, but it can be really inspiring to see what the world has to offer. You can get a real feel for a place and whether it is somewhere that you would like to visit in the future. I now have a little list compiled from the places that I have seen famous bloggers and you tubers visit. Watching the likes of Victoria (InTheFrow), Carrie (WishWishWish) and Carly Rowena (fitness blogger) on their adventures has given me serious wanderlust so I thought I would share the top 5 places that are resultantly on my bucket list.
1. Finland/Lapland/Norway – Somewhere with lots of snow, husky dogs and the Northern Lights. I think this is top on my bucket list. Seeing the Northern Lights must be absolutely incredible and a once in a lifetime experience. My obsession with this kind of travel began after I saw this extremely beautiful video created by Carrie (WishWishWish). Carly Rowena also recently visited Lapland and I loved watching this video on her channel.
2. Alaska – I would absolutely love to cruise around Alaska.The scenery, the views, the snow, the wildlife, the glaciers… I think it would all be incredible.
3. Iceland – I know quite a few people who have been here and everyone says that it is absolutely amazing. Watching Victoria’s (InTheFrow) journey there on snapchat confirmed how much I would love to visit the country. (There seems to be a bit of a wintery theme running here doesn’t there!) The photographs in her blog post are so beautiful too.
4. Safari – I would absolutely LOVE to go on Safari. I think it must be absolutely amazing to see lions, elephant, giraffes etc. in their natural habitat. Although I think it would be quite scary.
5. Amsterdam – I feel like this is somewhere that everyone need visit at some point in their life. Flights there are so cheap and you only need to go for a few days. It doesn’t need to burn too greater hole in your pocket! (Unlike some of the other places on my list no doubt). I was recently introduced to CitizenM hotels, some of which are in Amsterdam. Their rooms are extremely affordable but luxurious too. I think the thing I love about them most are the HUGE beds that make you want to jump into one and never leave. CitizenM themselves say that the bed are so big ‘you’ll need a compass to get out’. The rooms also have wall to wall windows, perfect for absorbing incredible views when you’re not out there exploring. The vibe of these hotels just seems really cool, modern and sophisticated and perfect for city travelling. They also have hotels in London, Paris, Rotterdam, Glasgow and New York. The ‘rain shower for washing away jet lag’ sounds like it would definitely come in handy in New York!
There are so many incredible places around the world that I would someday like to visit. Nothing beats that feeling you get when you first arrive somewhere and you just soak up the atmosphere of the place. This is the one thing that you can’t really experience from other peoples photographs and videos. Although I love seeing where people have been, nothing ever comes close to actually going there for yourself.