I know that we are more than a week into June (which means that we are on month 6 out of 12 already… ermmm how?!) but there were quite a few items that I loved during May that I wanted to write about. Better late than never right? You know when you find something that just works and you want to tell everyone about it? Well I had that with quite a few things during May so let’s get started!
1. River Island Perfume: Paris – Since I was about 14, I have always spent a lot of money on perfume. Don’t get me wrong, I totally loved every single one that I purchased but when I came to end of my Valentino bottle a few weeks ago, it became apparent that I didn’t really have a spare £50+ to purchase a new scent. I was at the checkout in River Island when I tested out their perfume called ‘Paris’ and I fell completely in love with it. Not just with the beautiful scent and the name, (I can’t really resist anything that is related to Paris), but also the price tag, I got this huge bottle for just £12! Using this has really opened my eyes to the huge range of high street perfumes that are budget friendly yet still oh so delicious! So many people have asked me what perfume I am wearing and everyone gives the same reaction when I say that it is just a £12 bottle from River Island. I really love this scent and I will definitely be buying it again.
2. Cargo Eye Palette: Vintage Escape – I got this in the May Beauty Box from Cohorted and I cannot get over how beautiful this palette is. I have been using it so so much this month. You can read my full review of it here. Often there will be some colours that I love and others that I don’t so much in an eye palette but I genuinely love all the colours in this one!
3. Seventeen Shimmer Brick – I bought this a while back and I am still completely in love with it. Since purchasing it, I have tried out a few other highlighters but I always return to this. It is so easy to just sweep along the top of my (non existent) cheek bones, leaving a beautiful, romantic shimmer. Again, the price of this product is just too good to be true. At only £4.99 it is an absolute bargain. You can read more about this product here.
4. Prince Charming Body Wash from Lush – We were very kindly given this to try at The City Girls event last month. Let me tell you what ingredients are used in this product: Marshmallow, vanilla and fresh pomegranate juice and these scents really are incredible together. It is so indulgent and scrummy that I can’t seem to stop smelling it! Plus I totally love the gorgeous, deep pink colour.
5. Dusty Girls Lip Gloss: Pacific Ocean Shimmer – We were introduced to the brand ‘Dusty Girls’ at the #nyLDNmeet and I was very excited to try out their Pacific Ocean Shimmer lipgloss. I am very much a lipgloss girl so I was excited to see if it lived up to my expectations. Firstly, it is not sticky at all – my pet hate when it comes to lip products. So it gets a huge thumbs up for this! Also, it looks gorgeous. It is a clear, shimmery colour that I absolutely love. It is very natural yet just adds a little bit of glamour to my lips.
6. The Body Shop Vitamin E Illuminating Moisturiser – This is one of my all time fave skincare products. I have bought this product for the third time now so that shows just how much I love it! It is the perfect everyday moisturiser for my combination skin. My favourite thing about it is the gorgeous, radiant illumination that it leaves on my skin. It looks so healthy and glowing.
Have you tried and loved any of these products? Sass xxx