Hands up who loves a gooey, warm batch of blueberry and hazelnut blondies, oozing with melted white chocolate and milk chocolate chips… Yes? Well I made a batch of these the other day and they are just heaven. I figured that seeing as Easter was fast approaching (well it was when I made them) I might as well get the burning desire to bake the indulgent goodies out of my system before I settle down into a pre-summer healthy regime.
I found a simple white chocolate blondie recipe on BBC food and then tweaked it so that I could incorporate the other ingredients I wanted.
For the blondies you will need:
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 225g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 150g plain flour, sifted
- 225g white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips
- 100g chopped hazelnuts
For the icing you will need:
- 75g/2¾oz butter
- 175g/6oz icing sugar
- Drop of vanilla essence
- Blueberries to place on top
1. After collecting together your ingredients, line a baking tray with grease proof paper and/or butter then pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Beat together the sugar and eggs.
3. Melt the butter and then add it to the sugar and egg mixture.
4. Carefully fold in the flour.
5. Add the chocolate chips… (and save a couple to nibble on)
6. …and then add the hazelnuts. mixing it all together.
7. After pouring the mixture into your prepared baking tray, add the blueberries. I chose to press some right into the mixture and placed others just on top.
8. Put the blondie mix into the oven for 30-35 mins.
9. Now it is time to prepare the buttercream!
10. Mix the butter, icing sugar and vanilla together. (How cute is my spoon?!)
11. When your blondies are fully cooked take them out and let them cool for 10 mins or so. You can then cut it into pieces before spooning on the desired amount of icing. I decided to ice half of them and leave the other half.
I just love the purple colour that cooked blueberries give!
On the iced blondies, I popped a little blueberry on top to finish them off!
So there you have it! Now it’s just time to pop on the kettle and enjoy. Invite round your friends to show off your hard work!
Let me know if you give these a go 🙂
Lots of love,