I have seen countless blog posts, instagram pics and tweets raving about how delicious and nutritious protein pancakes are so I decided it was time I tried it out for myself. I have always been very intrigued by the two ingredient recipe, surely bananas and eggs alone can’t replicate pancakes?! But yes, they can!
My staple ingredients: 1 ripe banana and 2 eggs.
It really is that simple! I decided to add a sprinkling of cinnamon too, it is Autumn after all and I wanted that extra flavour. You could add fruit, sugar, protein powder, cocoa powder into the mix too; there are limitless possibilities!
1. Mash up the banana, make sure you mash it up well otherwise you will end up with a lumpy mixture.
2. Crack in two eggs and combine.
3. Now it is time to add any extra ingredients that you want.
4. Spray some low calorie oil into your frying pan, turn on the heat and add your mixture.
5. When you can slide a fish slice under the pancake it is time to flip it and cook the other side.
6. When cooked, put on a plate and cook the rest of the mixture. Depending on the size of your pan, you will get a varying quantity. Mine were quite big so I only managed to make three. I am still to create a beautiful stack of pancakes!! (Next time)
7. I then added a small drizzle of honey for a sweet flavour. There are so many different toppings you could use: fruit, peanut butter, almond butter (something I really want to get my hands on!), chocolate etc.
8. There is nothing left to do other than tuck in!
I am so impressed with this quick, simple and healthy meal. It is really tasty and filling!
Lots of love
in calories! Perfect. I cannot wait to make these again, incorporating different flavours and toppings. There is so much potential for this recipe, watch this space! Have you ever made pancakes like this? Love Sass x